Monday, October 20, 2008

This N' That (2)

Still looking for a job.

But I have extended my search to include bartending and I'm prepared to get more than one job to make ends meet if I have to. Why the change? The economy being in the shitter for one. Also, the influences in my life from Gay-A as well. The "old" me would have never even considered "going back" to bartending. And believe me, it's not something I want to do into my 50's. But I need work, I need money, and I really need to get my credit balance paid down. Bartending is a quick route to that. Particularly since this time (higher power willing) I won't be spending my money back across some other bar after every shift.

And between the current state of the job market and my new found sense of humility, I no longer consider myself too good for any job. It's more important to me that I get the bills paid, as long as it's an honest living. What I do isn't so important, at least for now.

I've also unfortunately had to re-think my decision to take that "Boot Camp" course I started last week. I've had a chance to budget money and bills for the next two weeks and I'll be living on about $100 per. Spending 1/4 of that on an unnecessary luxury I already can find as part of my current gym membership is just stupid. There's a yoga class tomorrow at 8:00 pm at my gym. And while yoga is no boot camp, it does make me feel great afterward and it won't cost me 25 bucks. Boot camp is officially off the agenda.

What's on the agenda for now is an early morning trip to court first thing tomorrow. I'm meeting the restaurant/nightclub owner and his lawyer at 9:30am so we can all cool our heels waiting to answer the first round of summonses from that awful inspection in August. I'll be bringing a pile of newspapers and some crossword puzzles. Sometimes they make you sit for hours.

Plus, I have to get up at 7:30 in order to get cleaned up and get the dog walked before I go. Best get to bed.

No comments: