Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Whole Tooth

I did in fact get my ambitious list of "Things To Do" yesterday all completed. You can also add in a trip to the pharmacy and a visit to the Petco in a desperate attempt to find things, besides everything I own, for Riley to chew on. I bought him two large compressed (long-lasting) rawhide bones and he finished the first one in one sitting. Took over an hour though.

I'm thrilled to report that I finally got the entire root canal procedure finished. Finally! In a relatively quick visit, he took off the temporary crown and popped in the permanent replacement. It looks just like all the other teeth in my mouth, but I have to say it feels funny. That tooth was broken and sheared off many many years ago and it feels odd to have a whole tooth there. (Remind me to tell you about the night I broke that tooth off.) I'm also surprised how big and smooth it is when I run my tongue behind it. We also talked about filing down a couple of my front teeth, as I've been obsessing that they are uneven, but my dentist pointed out that I was making something out of nothing and besides, filing down my teeth would leave them sensitive (according to my dentist) to heat and cold for a long time and I hate that. So I will learn to live with my "slightly" uneven teeth. It turns out the root canal procedure took so long that I had to make an appointment for next month to have my 2X a year check-up and cleaning. But then I should be good to go. Had you told me two years ago that I would make/keep my dental appointments as casually as I buy shoes I would have laughed in your face.

Today's schedule is decidedly less ambitious, and there's a much bigger domestic agenda. I have a yoga class to take at 1:15, and the laundry will need to get done. Besides that I've been wanting to empty out the living room and scrub the floors. And Riley is about due for his first bath. That should be an experience.

No comments: