Friday, October 31, 2008

Back To Work



I got a phone call yesterday from the owner of my "former" place of employment. It seems they are on the verge of re-opening, at least in a limited capacity, and want me to come in and manage that for them. Of course, I am so horribly broke that I will do just that. I don't have all the details yet, beyond the fact that they have an event for MTV booked for the second week of November. No idea what else they have coming up, nor how many hours they want me to put in etc. All of that will impact how much I will need them to compensate me. Also, I plan on making sure that I am paid for any new work that I do immediately. I have a formal meeting with the owner on Tuesday morning and I'm assuming we'll hash all this out to everyone's satisfaction.

I also got an email response from a job listing on Craigslist wanting me to haul my ass out to Stamford, Ct. for a job interview. That is so not going to happen. It's over an hour away, so whatever job they are offering, unless it's a blow job, I don't want it.

I have no plans for Halloween this year. As I was scrubbing the living room this morning I found a Rock and Roll thermal shirt I had cut that I made Jet wear on a couple of cold days last year. I put it on Riley to see if it would fit and he really seemed aggravated by it. I swear, he looked at me like "WTF?" Then he put it in his mouth to try and get it off. When that didn't work he sat on the couch with the collar in his mouth just staring at me until I came and removed it. Then he tried to rip it up. Big surprise.

No comments: