Saturday, September 04, 2004

Counting Down

The Ex is preparing to leave for a long weekend in North Carolina. It's the continuation of his, I Plan To Reach Retirement And Become A Burden To My Family And My Government Tour. He will accomplish this by seeing that he constantly pisses away every dollar he could potentially save, on trips and travel he neither needs nor can afford.

The Hellcat is in full preparation for an extended (21 day) tour of California, Vegas and Seattle. I'm excited for him as his last few trips out west have been related to illness and death, and this one is completely pleasure and family and reconnecting with same. That's always a good thing.

So I'll be without The Ex from today until Tuesday and then all alone every day in my spacious 3 bedroom Gramercy Park apartment most weekdays in September. Whatever is a girl to do? Note to self: Buy lube and camera batteries.

Excellent piece via The Stranger.com on why John Kerry and co. are experiencing a major disconnect with American voters. I'm firmly in the ABB (anybody but Bush) camp and I'll vote for virtually anybody who runs against him, but I'll be holding my nose as I flip that lever for Kerry.

Bush's acceptance speech -via glassdog

In other news:
My financial fortunes appear to have taken a turn for the better. It appears my country mouse existence may be coming to an end. If things stay on track and my time frame plays out as I've imagined, you can expect a surprise (well, not to me obviously) around the beginning of October. Stay tuned, kiddies.

No comments: