Monday, September 20, 2004

I Like It When The World Manufactures Content For Me

Britney spits out her gum long enough to say "I do". And with that, she becomes stepmom to two illegitimate children. But there was so much more. It seems the now brunette Britney, insisted her father go to rehab to kick an addiction to booze and painkillers, as she expressed her wish that she wanted him "sober enough" to walk her down the aisle. How does one define sober enough down on the bayou? So, after arranging for the entire wedding party to change into velour tracksuits emblazoned with "Pimp" and "Pimp Daddy" (classy) it was off to the reception where guests dined on chicken fingers, ribs and salad. I'm told they had a choice of dipping sauces and that each meal came with a toy surprise.


Evangelist (and prostitute fucker) Jimmy (I've got a tiny penis) Swaggart Threatens to Kill Gays.

I'm heading out to pick up an order of contac lenses. I've been using Cohen's Fashion Optical (108 E. 23rd @Park Avenue South). In fairness, the service is always fast, efficient, and you get exactly what you're expecting when. Then they steal from you. The last time I went it was for a new pair of glasses. I had some extra money and wanted to make a change so, carrying about 250.00 with me I went in. I exited an hour later having spent close to $400.00. After selecting the frames and then the special shatter proof lenses and then the iodized crystallized jelly inserts (or something) final cost: almost double what I figured on paying. So it's no wonder I've been ordering my contacs on-line. But in between the last time I ordered and now, a law has taken effect that you have to have your optometrist confirm your prescription. So I dutifully filled out my order form including the phone number and address of Cohen's Fashion Optical (108 E. 23rd @Park Avenue South). Hours later I received an e-mail from the company stating Cohen's is claiming my prescription has expired and they couldn't fulfill my order. Annoyed but not surprised, two days later I stop into Cohen's Fashion Optical (108 E. 23rd @Park Avenue South) and say that I want to order new lenses. This would be the part where she would recommend a check-up right? After all, my prescription has expired.

"How many boxes would you like?"

"That depends, how much are they?"

"It's four boxes for $100 but if you take out the $150 insurance it's six boxes and I'll throw in the extra two boxes on this order. So what would have cost me $87 on-line has now set me back $250, and once again I leave this business feeling raped. Oh, and did ya notice? Not word one about my "expired" prescription. But I do get free contac solution. But I have to ask for it. I'm guessing there will be a "storage" charge.

No comments: