Wednesday, January 21, 2004

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So I bet you're dying of curiosity as to how I'm doing on my diet. Fuck you, somebody might care. Well, the truth is it's going great. I haven't cheated, not once. Not a Pringle, Dorito or bit of rigatoni passed these lips. I had no potato in any of it's insidious forms. Not baked, french fried nor mashed. Not a single grain of rice. As we speak I'm enjoying my "lunch" of ground sirloin burger with tomato slices and asparagus in vinagrette. Not that I was feeling poorly before but I can tell you I am noticeably more energetic. A single cup of coffee and I feel awake and alert in the morning. I did falter as to the shear volume of food towards the end of the week. I was on the closing shift at the bar and, in effect swapped sleep time for a meal. This week, I increased the amounts of food I eat and cut out some of the snacks, as it fits in better with my lifesyle. Almost naturally moving into a more natural "Phase 2" breakfast/lunch/dinner plan. Still sticking with the Phase 1 food though. Considering my diet consisted of Blimpie sammiches/chips/turkey burgers and fries, I'm finding quite a bit of variety to choose from. Have I lost any weight? I don't know, we don't own a scale. It's only been a week and a half but I think "the baby" is starting to shrink. I'm heading for the gym in a few minutes and I'll hop on their scale. It doesn't give the correct weight but I remember what it said the last time. If you want to see everything I ate (but not everyone, and that's a whole 'nother subject) this week it's in the link below:

One Week Diet Log.htm

addendum: I couldn't resist going to the drugstore and picking up a new digital scale. I've lost 8 pounds. I'm petit.

No comments: