Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I'm hooked up

Ed. Note: I'm going to try something new today. Multiple posts on multiple subjects reflecting my multiple personalities. There's just a lot doin' and I'm busy doin' it so I'll just pop back in and out all day. Is it a sign that you're a serious weblogger when you have content to post backed up in the pipeline?

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but I did manage to hook up the wireless network in my apartment. It took about four hours to accomplish it (plus over two hours the previous day reading up on the subject). I've heard tales of people keeping at it for three days or longer. Neo asked me why I didn't just call tech support or find someone to do it for me. That's so not me. I like to solve a problem. Figure out the answer. Come to a conclusion. I wish that I could have let you feel how my heart started beating faster when it became pretty clear I had figured it out. The Ex's new Dell is now hooked up wirelessly to the internet as is my laptop. I have a tremendous feeling of satisfaction at accomplishing this. Sometimes, it's the small victories that matter the most.