Thursday, January 15, 2004

I'm A Mini Geek

Small stuff for a lot of you, but I'm shutting down my system today. I need to install an Ethernet card inside my PC. My DSL line is currently through a USB connection. I need to change it to an Ethernet connection then I'm installing a broadband router. Theoretically after that I'll be able to hook up wirelessly with my laptop (very cool cause I frequently need pictures I have stored on my desktop) and (also theoretically) we'll be able to hook The Ex's new Dell to the network (hopefully wirelessly, I would hate to have to run a USB connection the entire length of the apartment). As a side bonus if this works he will split the cost of my DSL line with me. There's 20 bucks a month saved. (sigh)

I've completed 3 days on my new diet. Today, I finally feel fine. I was alternately hungry and jumpy and lightheaded. Fortunately I am quite familiar with the symptoms of withdrawl so I didn't really panic. I broke down and bought The South Beach Diet book because it was loaded with recipes and I'm a little bored with the choices I've had so far. I'm still having issues with my first meal every day as it's a very ingrained habit of mine to relax into my day with coffee and email and general puttering about. Today I managed to start cooking breakfast around 1:30 but then the recipe took so long to accomplish that it was still 2:20 before I sat down to eat. I'll get there.

Say a prayer to the technology gods for me. Sacrifice a toaster, maybe.