Wednesday, January 21, 2004

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a little concerned about The Hellcat. He started complaining over the weekend about what I thought was at worst a cyst of some sort. It's on ..... it's around.... it was on his ass. (sigh) Yes, the thought did cross my mind that I could get him to show it to me but that would be exploitation of the worst kind. It's not like I'm a doctor so if I had taken a look, I would have been able to confirm..... "well that's red and swollen all right." and been of no help whatsoever. I did, as a friend should, call him on his day off and see how he was feeling. Apparently, the ass damage was now the size of a softball (with a smaller area of the same kind around the knee). M--- was theorizing it was a staph infection. I sort of scoffed at the idea thinking that you only got that in a hospital and usually through an open cut or wound and it has been a couple months since he had been to St. Vinny's. I just didn't see how it could be staph. He claimed to have spent a night at a friend's place on a bare mattress and they have been having all kinds of infectious issues. But ever the self-medicating self-diagnosing girl she is M--- had already started antibiotics left over from the bug bite inection. I chatted him up today on the phone and he's feeling better. The low grade fever has abated and the antibiotics appear to be working. He asked me to look up the details of treatment indicators for a certain antibiotic and that's when I found this lovely bit of information. These are his symptoms exactly. I'm trying to get him to go to an actual doctor and get a full prescription of antibiotics as they recommend finishing the tretment to the end. I'm not sure why he's resisting.