Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Delivery Day

I’m not going to bore everyone with another listing of what I fuckin ate all day. I am keeping a separate diet journal on my laptop that does list everything. I’ll see about putting the page online and then those that want to track it can. Suffice it to say that I successfully completed day two of my diet despite a close call when I was in my room jerkin ….err….werkin and glanced up at a lonely half-eaten bag of Frito’s (Scoops!). I believe it called me. I could have sworn I heard a tiny voice say “Eat me, who’ll know?” (A phrase you really can’t hear too often, if ya ask me.) But I will make these observations. At least at first, when you go on a diet of this type while you do eventually get filled (and who doesn’t appreciate that, I ask you) you do, in fact get ravenously hungry halfway through the day. Also, I haven’t hit the gym yet on this fuel. That’s scheduled for tomorrow. I’m interested to see how my energy level holds up.

From the land of recipes that I’ve discovered: Today I made a Edamame salad with radishes and wine vinegar that was a piece of cake and is loaded with healthy eating goody goodness. Tonight for dinner I made a London Broil with a tarragon mustard glaze that made my dirty man parts tingle. If you want either recipe or both e-mail me I’d be happy to send them. (Man uses food recipe in desperate bid for e-mail: Film at 11)

I spent the afternoon waiting for the UPS guy and chatting on the phone. The Ex finally broke down and threw in the towel on his crappy Mac and ordered himself a fully loaded Dell. Now before you MacCrackheads get all hissy when I say he had a crappy Mac I mean that literally. This thing looked to be about 7yrs old at least. This was from before the multi-colored clamshells arrived {ick). In short, truly a crappy Mac. Besides, I only know about PC’s. Whenever the squirrel on a wheel powering his Mac went down I didn’t know nuthin’ about helping him fix it. We’re talking about setting up a home network to save a little money. Problem there is I only have a rudimentary amount of knowledge about how to set up a wireless network. As in: I know such a thing is commonly done, I’m just not sure how to accomplish it. Or what equipment to buy. Time to ring up my little friends over at TechTV methinks.

The Dell finally arrived, (sans dude) right as Charmed started on TNT, which is right on time for this neighborhood. I love that. We’re on the late delivery route for UPS so we usually get our packages around 6pm or later. I try and get everything sent here by UPS because the FedEx people always wake my ass at 10am. As an added bonus, the T-Shirt I ordered a few days ago finally arrived. This purchase is a nod to my rather twisted sense of humor (I think it’s hilarious) but also further proof that I reject the notion that my illness is something that needs to be covered up. Exhibitionists don’t stop being exhibitionists just because we contract a potentially deadly virus. We just slap it on a T-Shirt and wear it to the gym.



After we put the new PC unopened into the guest room The Ex and I headed out to Circuit City as we needed to replace the TV in the living room that had up and died over the weekend. It was very “Love Story” One minute the old set was fine the next it gave out a little muffled cough and died. As I fell to my knees screaming “WHY?” I suddenly remembered that we practically have a TV hooked up to cable in every fucking room of this apartment as both The Ex and I seem to use the noise of it for company. I frequently have it on in one room while I’m working in another. Like now. If I ever become Richie Rich (or even Richie not so damn po’) I’ll get one of those wall mounted bathtub TV’s I covet and scorn all at once. I’m so short on disposable cash right now I had to let The Ex front my share of the new TV as I couldn’t even afford my half of the $300 it cost. That heroin, it will eat up your savings account, lemme tell ya.

Tomorrow I have a “date” with The Hellcat. (Friend date, not a maybe I’ll touch his willy date) he’s been having some trouble getting motivated during the day when he’s not working. I can relate, I sat in a director’s chair in my living room and smoked cigarettes for one whole year. So we made tentative plans to “do something” on the weekend and firmed em up over the phone today. It’s lunch around 2 and then 3:30 movie. We decided on that new Tim Burton movie Big Fish or Go Fish or I’m With Fish, who can remember? (Oh god, I’m my father) Problem is that shortly after we made these plans I finally made that service call to Verizon about my phone. I ended up talking to this really nice woman who nonetheless was incredulous that I could have been having phone trouble since December but I’m just getting around to it now. To which I replied what’s the rush? I e-mail. They are scheduled to come out (and possibly in to my apartment, if necessary) to fix it between 12-4. Let’s hope they come in squarely at 12. Otherwise, M--- is joining me in whatever dietary culinary masterpiece I can whip together unexpectedly. Good thing I’m gay.