Thursday, May 07, 2009

Still Kickin'

Sorry I have been maintaining radio silence this week, I got crazy-busy. Still am, but I found a hot second to say hey. I've been spending an inordinate amount of time breathing new life into my old desktop. As I mentioned last week, I thought the power supply was fragged, and it was. But somehow in the process of adding a new hard drive, replacing the power supply, re-installing the old hard drive to try and collect some saved pictures and programs, I ended up super fragging the old hard drive and not having a working OS to boot, to boot. Without getting even more techno-gobbledy-sprocket on you, I finally downloaded and installed a clean new OS (XP), installed a new hard drive and a new power supply and my desktop now has the innards of a young buck again. And after all that, it has still taken me the last few days to re-install old programs and try and gather together a ton of pictures I had spread out on various CD's.

Yes, I do back-up. I think I only lost a few picture files in the process, nothing that feels too critical, and I think I may have even discovered a few picture files I forgot I had. Lemons to lemonade.

I had to sit through a horrific "training class" for my new catering side job. I will describe what a colossal joke that was in an upcoming post. Worth it, I guess as I'm working a wedding or some event tomorrow (again in New Jersey, have I mentioned it smells really bad there?). I also had a couple of promising job interviews this morning that may or may not turn in to something. They both have advanced me beyond the second interview, but I'm not getting my hopes too high as I have been left at the altar a few too many times as of late. Developing, though.

It was a bloodbath on reality television this week as my little Allison Iraheta got kicked to the curb on American Idol, despite the fact that Danny Dead-wife screeched the most heinous high note ever heard on AI past an audition week. I swear, if that Christian Dough-boy and his Sally Jesse Raphael eye wear ends up winning this season I will personally hunt down Paula Abdul's Oxycontin dealer and slap him across the face.

And Lil' Kim also got the "heave, you Ho" on Dancing With The Stars. Not that I am a fan of the foul-mouthed prison skank, but there was no doubt she was a far better dancer than Cowboy Stick-Up-The-Butt that has made it in to the semi-finals. I call Shenanigans!

No comments: