Monday, June 11, 2007

No Mas, Por Favor

Made it. Got home just before 9 am. Took Jet to the dog park, had some breakfast and passed the fuck out. Woke up around 3 pm 'cause the phone was ringing. I prayed it wasn't work needing me to sub in. I finally checked around 4:30, when I felt like if I had to, I could drag my ass back there. Fortunately, it wasn't work. I laid around on the couch watching movies, finally ran down to walk Jet and pick up some Chinese for dinner. Fell asleep again till almost 2 am. I was up 'till 6 when I finally passed out one more time. I dozed off and on today until I finally felt halfway human this afternoon. I ran out to catch the last half of a glorious afternoon weather-wise. Stopped in for a 10 min. fake n' bake. I may feel like death but I should still look fabulous. Popped out to the Home Depot for a quart of stain so I can freshen up the floors. Ran over to Bed Bath and Beyonce just to compare prices on a new table lamp I want but don't need. I already found the one I really want at the Depot but it's $80.00. I haunted the shops on 6th Avenue, mostly looking, but I had to cut it short. My knees are killing and I feel like I pulled a muscle in my lower left back. It kept flaring up as I shopped. I kept bending to stretch it but I finally gave up and headed for home. One minor detour at the Old Gravy where I picked up a new T-shirt and polo (red, I don't have one) and a pair of cargo shorts. They were all on sale for Father's day, total cost: $29.00.

Now I'm home and contemplating a quick dinner before I have to get settled in and get ready to do it all again next week. So needless to say I feel my weekend "off" was quite the bust. And unless they're in a real jam for next week, I don't think I'll be available to help steer the late night anymore. Of course, this all could be moot. We had a visit from a captain in the NYPD on Saturday. They are decidedly unhappy that we are morphing into a nightclub on the weekends. We've already had problems with sidewalk traffic and a couple of minor fistfights. We've been threatened with visits from the NYFD, building and health inspectors if we don't cut it out. Should be interesting ...

No comments: