Monday, June 18, 2007

Mystery Solved

I found out the origin of the Secret Service business card. It belongs to an old acquaintance. I hadn't told you the story of how my roommate lost her PR job and took a position as a waitress to keep a roof over her head. As it turns out, her new job as a waitress is in a bar downtown that I logged a few years in as a bartender in the early 90's. Although my old manager has died and the former owners have apparently passed on the day to day business to other family members, enough people are still connected to the bar that remember me. And it seems the occasional friend or customer stops by and is informed of the connection to my roommate. One such person has gone on to a career as a Secret Service agent. And there you have the origin of the business card. My version where a Secret Service agent breaks into my home and leaves a business card is much more appealing. Oh well ... In any case I took down the post where I speculated about the card and posted it online. I wouldn't want a former friend and current Secret Service agent to have to explain why his business card is prominently displayed on the blog of a HIV+ gay middle- aged man of questionable moral character.

I've been trying for weeks to figure out why I can't transfer music from my computers to my Mint Chocolate phone. It finally occurred to me it might be a format incompatibility. After just a bit of digging, I confirmed the problem. In the interest of not geeking out, I shorthand: mp3 no, WMA yes. So I took a few minutes finding a free converter and spent quite a bit of time today converting files and loading up my phone with music. It's the small victories. I also found a company on-line that will print enlargements of digital photos to be used as framed posters. I had picked out a photo that would be perfect for the re-painted living room. I paid $40 for a 24X36 enlargement. According to the web site, I should receive it within a week. I'll link to the site after I get my print. Assuming they do a good job, I'll have one-of-a-kind art in my apartment. I'm a middle aged gay like that.

No comments: