Thursday, February 15, 2007

She's Frigid

  • The storm blew in to town last night. Because it was a classic Nor'easter, the wind was blowing directly on the front of the apartment building. Turning the living room and my bedroom into an icebox. Three heavy blankets let me sleep through the night. This morning, while checking e-mail, I could see my breath. I turned on the oven to help heat the house. By the way, the correct temperature to warm a house is 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The wind finally shifted this afternoon, and the apartment steam heat took over fine. It's around 17 degrees outside as I write this, and the wind is gusting like mad, but because it's coming from the north directly, we're all toasty here.


  • Because I knew the storm was on the way, I decided to get my chores done beforehand, so I wouldn't be stuck having to do them while trapped inside. So I did the laundry and mopped the floors. Of course, after the snow I myself tracked salty dirty snow throughout the house, so the floors were clean for exactly one day. Ah well, at least I did it. Which meant today I could concentrate on other things. I printed some photos that I've been meaning to get to. I sepia toned a shot of the boardwalk in Atlantic City, so even though I took it in 2004, it looks like a vintage boardwalk shot. Until you notice the word TRUMP on one of the buildings in the background. I framed it anyway and added it to the kitchen collection. I scanned some comics that should go up for auction on Saturday. If you're a fan of DC's Deathstroke the Terminator watch for it, I'm selling off my entire series starting from the 1st collector's issue.


  • I had planned on going to two Gay-A meetings tonight, but the forecast said that the wind may gust to 50mph and it was going to be freakin' freezin'. The meetings were all the way across town on 9th Ave. So instead I managed to pop in to a meeting on E. 12 st. at 5:30, and got it done before the temp dropped off. Not that I'm not still getting into it. Regardless of what happens, I always feel better and a little more grounded after it's over. But I see no reason to freeze my nuts off while I'm at it.


  • From The Department of who cares: I finally decided to try buying and cooking some tilapia that was on sale at the market. I'd heard it was a very tasty if not common fish to try. I used this recipe but added a bed of angel hair pasta in garlic, butter, scallions and olive oil. Considering the fish cost $1.53, oh my goddess it was good. Took me all of 15 minutes to make. Try it yourself. But I can't for the life of me figure out how another market I go to is charging almost $7.00 for the same size fillet.


  • And finally, I edited a bunch of pictures from an impromptu photo shoot I did the other day using myself as the model. Luckily, it's HNT anyway, so here ya go ...


No comments: