Friday, April 01, 2005

The Things We Do For You ...

OK you have very little to do with it. My own vanity does. After a horrific rap show that went on and on for over six and a half hours (!) last night, I arrived home tonight just after 1:30 am. Tonight's show was some "old-fashioned" New Orleans Party rock n' roll. I was almost too traumatized by yesterday's bullshit to enjoy it. Almost. When a band works as hard as this one does to spark a "live for today and party like a rock star" vibe, I can't help but throw my hands in the air and howl.

In the meantime, I had a beauty regimen to attend to. I bought some OralB whitestrips. I get a fair amount of compliments on my smile. I'm totally aware that when I genuinely smile, it's a big wide "Julia Robert's like" toothy grin. But lately I've been feeling my teeth aren't as dazzling as they used to be. It's entirely possible I'm just not as dazzling as I used to be. In any case I decided to home bleach my teeth. So considering I had a half hour of downtime already scheduled I also decided to freshen up my hair color. I got a bit sloppy and spilled some Feria on one of the rolling ottomans in the living room. I'll have to see if I can get it out of the fabric or try to work it as an intentional "accent" to the room.

I know I promised you a funny story with pictures. I wasn't counting on the software provided with my new camera to be glitchy. I got caught in a software feedback loop, where I kept getting conflicting error messages. I went to the manufacturer's web site to try and find patches or information. After much trial and even more error I solved, or at least bypassed, the difficulty. So this afternoon I downloaded said pictures. And edited what I think I need for the promised post. While I was at it, I snapped off a series of dick pix. Also for a specific planned future post.

The upshot is I got home from work and proceeded to chemically douse my body. Bleach for the teeth, hair dye and conditioner for my head, testosterone that, by the way, makes me dirtier than I normally am, if that's possible. If I get up in time I will empty my head and my hard drive of the first of much frivolity I have planned for this week. Be patient. She's a busy girl.

No comments: