Sunday, April 24, 2005

Holy Fucking Shit

I am one draggy saggy old fag. Work on Thursday, I was out around 2:15. Put in an appearance at a staff member's birthday party afterward. I can be socially quite inept and this night was no exception. I was wildly uncomfortable. But the birthday man is one of my favorite employees. He's really, really smart and thinks I'm funny. That's all it takes, actually. Unless you've got a hot basket. That goes a long way with me too. Anyway, home after 4 am. Woke around 1:30 with a serious hangover and a mysterious brushburn on my knee. What the hell did I give that man for his birthday? Friday off. I spent the day repairing and servicing all my gadgets. Everything was finally working. Not perfectly, but at least working. Until tonight when my Palm conked out again. The battery won't hold a charge. I may go backwards to my previous Palm that worked perfectly with batteries, or ahead to another model and hope for the best.

I hit the bed between 3:30 and 4:30. Back up at 8 am. Work at 10 (fine! 10:25) and back home by 2:30 am. My feet hurt. My back hurts. I have a headache. I'm treating that with vodka/soda therapy. Work again tomorrow. Heavy Metal bands. But it's the end of my work week. Only four shifts next week. I'll lose some money but fuck it, The Duchess needs her rest.

We did a party last week and Absolut was one of the sponsors. The party planners hired an ice sculpture company to create this work. I thought it was pretty cool:

No comments: