Monday, April 18, 2005

I EBay, Therefore I Am

I've been without my beloved laptop for many many months. Huge lie. The damn thing drove me nuts as much as I enjoyed having it. But I did miss being mobile. I could have probably afforded something refurbished or second hand. But I had a lot of accessories that went along with my piece of crap laptop. So when I stumbled across my laptop on EBay for sale as spare parts I jumped at the chance to spend under $150 and make the neccessary repairs. The laptop arrived as advertised. It was missing a hard drive. I popped mine in. My screen needed to be replaced. The new screen worked fine. The battery was missing a face plate. I already have two batteries. Now I have three. The memory in the new machine sucked ass. When I booted yesterday it took over 15 minutes. So I swapped in my memory and problem solved. I am pleased to be the proud owner of a very glitchy laptop, that has a Wi-Fi card so I can lay on the couch and answer e-mail. Or in this case, compose a rudimentary blog post.

No comments: