Sunday, April 10, 2005

Just Doin' Her Part

TO: All Staff
From: Tom Tricoli
Re: AIDS Walk New York

As I have for the past several years, I will be attending and raising money for this year's AIDS Walk New York. It occurred to me that there might be some interest in putting together a team under ## ####'s for people that wanted to fundraise and walk together. I have mentioned it to several people and a few expressed an interest in participating. If there is enough interest I will take the time to register us as a team and people can begin registering themselves on-line or by mail as early as next week.

The Walk takes place this year on Sunday, May 15. Before you decide you want to participate you should understand a few things. You need to be awake, dressed and in the park by 8:30 am. (Yes, it's OK to arrive there from a bar, just try not to breathe on anyone.) The Walk can feel more like a death march as it takes longer than you would think. Plan on not being finished before noon. Also, if you normally work on Sunday morning, while you would be doing a nice thing, you would also be giving up some pay. It's understandable if that's a problem.

I'm thinking we need a minimum of around 6 people or so to be a respectable team. If that doesn't happen and only a couple of you end up committing to it, I would be thrilled to meet up with you that morning and we can walk together.

I'm including a sign up sheet below to gauge how many people are interested in participating. Signing the sheet is in no way a final commitment.

Ed Note: I'll keep you posted as to how many responses I get.

No comments: