Wednesday, March 23, 2005

E-Mail To The Ex

Dear Ex,

I've calmed down. I spoke to The Hellcat tonight when I got home. I let him know that I'm still very very upset that my home was vandalized. I talked to him again about doing drugs in the house. I was as honest as I could be and let him know that for now, I really don't trust him. I also explained that with my new job, I'm feeling a lot of stress and need things at home to be peaceful.

Also, I need to talk to you as I've been feeling very under-appreciated regarding taking care of the apartment. My job is a lot of work and I'm feeling very resentful that it seems to be up to me to scrub the toilet, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor and clean out the dirty and greasy microwave and carry down the recycling and move and dust all the furniture out of the living room and clean that floor as well. Also, I'm expected to pay the bills and take care of The Hellcat's welfare checks and deal with the landlord.

I'm spending 50+ hours a week running a busy nightclub only to come home and have to manage an apartment. It's not fair and I'm exhausted. The Hellcat suggested we set up a chore schedule and while at first I tought it was stupid, maybe seeing in writing all the things I have been doing to maintain an orderly, clean apartment will help you both to appreciate how hard I've been working.

At any rate, we've managed to say we're both sorry. Truthfully, I don't think this attempt at getting his life together will work any better than the last three attempts. But I'm at least willing to give it a shot.

No comments: