Saturday, April 24, 2004

That Smirk On My Face? (I Can't Tell You.....)




"Develop interest in life as you see it, in people, things, literature, music--the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself. " - Henry Miller


This is Stuyvesant Park. I bought some lunch and went there yesterday with a copy of the New York Times. I ate my lunch and read in the sunshine. School was out and about 15 - 20 kids (and their nannies, this is Gramercy Park) were playing some wierd football/tag hybrid the rules for which escaped me but they seemed to all understand it. I saw two boys try to steal a bag of chalk from a girl and make her cry until a au pair swooped in to the rescue. I re-connected with nature and beauty and truth. I tapped into the primal power of a city harnessing 9 million souls. And I re-affirmed once again that hate can't hurt me. Bigotry doesn't scare me. I am warrior born and warrior I will die. I am strong and powerful and I know secrets and truth and spells that many will never be privy to. I have felt the magic at work and sensed the spirit of The Universe. I will find answers because I'm searching, and peace because it's waiting, and knowledge because it's unending. I will fight, love, laugh, dream, die and quite possibly, fight once more. I will never surrender only stop. I will have lived.

No comments: