Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Living Proof

I'll try not to mention this subject again unless asked, but I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the results from my diet. First, it worked. I lost the 10 lbs I wanted to lose (plus a couple more) and more important, I've totally changed my eating habits. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I occasionally snack if hungry. I'm eating a lot of protein and a lot less carbohydrates although I have no interest in going carb - free. That's not healthy. I cook with extra virgin olive oil. Since I started my diet until now, I have not had a potato in any form. And that includes chips and my beloved Doritos. I go off at least once a week and have a quilty pleasure. This week it was pepperoni pizza. Last week it was egg rolls with hot chinese mustard. I haven't had any pasta. I'm trying whole wheat pasta this week. The only bread I've eaten is whole wheat pita. (Which I love, by the way. I'd heard from a lot of people that whole wheat breads were "too chewy". I believe that was an exuse to hang on to that loaf of Wonder White.) I get hungry now like clockwork. The revulsion I used to feel at the thought of a morning meal is now totally gone. I cook a lot of foods ahead of time like 4 chicken breasts at once or 6 hard boiled eggs. Anything that will keep for a week or so I make in bulk. That way you're not constantly cooking huge meals. Red pepper, green pepper onion, mushrooms of every kind, cucumber, tomato, almonds, pine nuts, kidney beans and lentel are all my new friends.

Originally, I had planned to post simple before and after pictures. But my idea sort of looked like a weight loss ad in the back of the Enquirer. You know, for the Fatbuster 24JX tab? I took some pictures the night before I started my diet. I took some more about two weeks ago. The results are pretty dramatic.

First, (and to show that I seem to have no sense of shame) the before pictures. They have been "shopped" to black and white because they are so hideous they deserve no color. Notice the Blimpie sandwich attempting to escape from the fat roll bulging out my back.





Now, I will show you one after picture right away. Not perfect. But I wasn't shooting for perfect. Just better. This is better.



Now for the good stuff. I was feeling inspired after trying to decide which diet pics to show you. I didn't think any of them would be good enough for this blog or for any of my loyal readers. (hi Ryan, yo Geek) So I hauled out my digi and set up some lighting to get some shots I thought might be more interesting and illustrate the results of my diet as well. Y'all will have to let me know how I did. *snicker*

Notice the absence of love handles here:

baby got back view.jpg

I've gone from having a belly to a tummy:

peeping, Tom.jpg

Of course, I ended up taking lots more pictures:

Image019 copy.jpg

I have no idea what, (beyond that) I plan to do with them. Now you know what I do on my day off.

No comments: