Sunday, July 13, 2003

I had the nicest day yesterday

No joke, I really did. Woke up (right there off to a good start) a tad later than I planned but it was because I fell out on the couch again instead of my bedroom. My room gets a lot of morning sun so it tends to roust me.
I fucked around for a while on line checking some of my fave perv sites and reading other blogs. Other people are having way more sex than I am and it's starting to really annoy me. after a while I decided to do some photo editing. I had some pictures from Buffalo I had downloaded but not edited and I also had to find some black and white photos to bring in to work. The downstairs bar is missing three or four photos from the walls. I had replaced most of the photos down there about 8 months ago and apparently my taste is too good. People have stolen a few. I was going to Google a bunch of pics up and print them out when I remembered I have a bunch of cute pics already saved in a file labled, no joke, "cute pics". All mens in various stages of undress and whatnot. I ended up finding a few that I liked that were color but not a problem with Photoshop. A simple conversion and I printed em up. They turned out so well they pitched me headlong into a photo from the AIDSwalk that had been vexing me. I couldn't get it to print right and while I knew it needed to be a black and white photo I couldn't get the contrast right. I finally solved it. It's exactly what I saw in my head. Somehow, don't ask me, I decided to finish my photography afternoon with a self portrait. Mainly I wanted to test the timer feature on my camera. What ensued was a series of (yes, naked) photos of me on the couch out of frame, too light, too dark foot in the way, is that a pimple on my ass? etc. etc. Eventually, I got what I hoped might be a keeper and downloaded the whole lot to my PC. Again, Photoshop to un-color and crop, crop more and..........ART! Who knew? I love them so much that two out of the four (only one of me) I did for the bar are also going up in my kitchen. (I have a whole wall in there of B&W photos I like). I also printed the Buffalo shots and they came out fine but I'm starting to get a little crazy (obsessive/compulsive- what a shocker, huh?) about the photos if they don't come out just so. They just need a little tweaking.

With the photo project done for the day I decided to decide once and for all weather or not I was buying a bicycle. I've been shopping and considering for a couple of weeks now. I'm so frustrated trying to burn off the last of my drink yourself into a stupor and also by the way you're 40 and for good measure quit smoking fat. I considered (for a second) running but I don't ever run in real life so that's a skill I don't need. I thought biking might be fun and a good way to get to some places in Manhattan I haven't been. I was also interested in the theraputic aspect of it. People say all the time that they get to think and clear their heads on long rides. I need my heads cleared periodically. So I went back to Froogle and got the prices/makes/types of bikes I had seen at KMart.com and off I went. Found a few similar bikes at Toys R Us and priced them then headed down to Kmart on Astor Place (who knew I would grow to love that store when I thought it was so fucked up when they opened it?). They had crap. So......back to Toys Be At and then much hemming and hawing by me and this one or that and I manage to dope out if you buy one assembled you have to wait till "The assembly guy" gets around to it but I sense a vulnerability to the sales staff and I manage to wheedle a pre-assembled bike right off the rack and just like that I'm the proud owner of a brand new bicycle, with, by the way, a water bottle included saved $1.49 thank you very much. After a very wobbly start (who knows how long it's been since I rode one) I was off for home, a sandwich (All hail Blimpie's) and a trip to the actual bike store for a good lock.Grabbed a shower trolled a little on line for dick (no luck) and decided to ride, baby! Girl, 2/12 hours later I pulled my sore ass (not the good kind) back home after having been all ovah this town. It was fucking awsome! Up to speed absolutely flying through central park I actually laughed out loud. Along the west side up by 96th street and again in midtown was fucking beautiful at sunset.

Grabbed another shower and checked out my sore knee. It really hurts but it's not swollen so I think it's just a touch of arthritis and I refuse to let it stop me from riding. I'll be heading out for ibuprofen later today. Decided to finish the all about me day with some food and a movie so headed doen to the East Village. My intent was movie/popcorn maybe a movie dog, and then hit a trashy little sex club in the E Vill. Well when I got to the Loew's all that was up was Legally Blond2 (I'll wait for the book to come out, thanks) and Charlie's Angels2. I had plans to see this with Neo and we have tentative plans to see it on Tuesday, but now that I'm trying to avoid being with him and my intent is to not be available on Tuesday well, you see my dilemma. I opted to bag the whole movie idea and headed down to the pizza place on St. Mark's/1st. Great for people watching. Along the way I discovered the NY Milkshake Factory or sumpin like that and backtracked my way for a chocolate mint chip shake that was deeelicious (but gave me wicked brain freeze). Then I did in fact hit that trashy sex club where I stayed for about 40 mins. I didn't even try. I suppose I might have felt different if the place was full of models but really, it was so sad. I want to keep evolving to the point where I'm not going to need to be 65 and wandering around some sex booths looking to get my old dick sucked. I guess this is what I'm feeling: I'm in such a contented, spiritual place right now, and I know that a relationship with Neo ain't gonna happen, and if it's just about getting off, rather than do it in some dank little booth with some drunk guy I don't know and find only slightly attractive, I can seriously give myself a soul-screeching orgasm so why not just do that. It's not that I don't want to have sex, it's just that I want to be completely naked, in a bed (then maybe the kitchen), with someone I like. Is that so wrong?
It was a good day.

No comments: