Friday, January 22, 2010

The Cone Of Shame




Here are a couple of shots of the patient sporting the latest in Elizabethan neck wear. This was last night and he was still mighty groggy from the pain meds. I was a little concerned as he was still not very interested in food or drinking but once he got comfortable back at home that changed. Today he finished an entire can of dog food in three installments. He probably would have eaten more but I am taking it slow since I don't think he had any solid food for almost 5 days. He is already able to make it up and down the five flights of stairs without any obvious problem. He is still on pain meds and will be for at least a week so he spends a lot of time sleeping.

They also sent him home with a pain patch on his skin and I would be lying if I didn't say it occurred to me I might get really high if I slapped his patch on for a while. Needless to say that sent me out to a Gay-A meeting. Just in case. And I'm obviously not the only one that has occurred to as his post-op instructions came with a very specific warning to not handle his pain patch without gloves and to resist the urge to eat it. I'm not kidding and I'm not the least bit surprised that some (other )crack head tried to get fucked up off his doggy meds.

In other good news, my back isn't nearly as fucked up as I originally thought, although it does hurt. But it's a recurring injury, I've done it before, and after some rest then stretching then heat I expect I'll be right as rain in a few days.

No comments: