Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stupid Cold

I had a job interview (admittedly an open call) for this afternoon but there was no way I could even try to fake feeling well enough to go. I slept fitfully last night, despite taking some Tylenol PM to help me zonk out. And I woke up around 6am, in the grip of fever chills that had me shivering in my bed. I actually got up to put on sweat pants to keep me warm, and then woke up again to use the bathroom an hour later. My sore throat is gone, as the cold has migrated to my chest. The worst part is that I have one of those muscle ache days where all my joints are crying out in pain.

Having whined like a bitch just now, I am feeling a little better, and am about to run down to a Gay-A meeting and the pharmacy to pick up a refill. This after I finally went back to bed around 2:30 this afternoon and slept until 5:00. I am scheduled to work in the morning and expect that even if I'm not 100% I'll be able to fake it by then. I'm basing that on the fact that I just realized I'm famished. Always a good sign for me.

On another topic, I finally found a complete video of the first week's performance of Vogue Evolution, the gay/lesbian/transgender dance crew competing on MTV this season. The video quality isn't the greatest but you see the whole routine. They were certainly good enough to advance to next week, and I'm gonna assume they have some moves they are saving to break for later weeks.

What you don't see in the video are the judges' comments, including some forced and awkward "cultural" references from Li'l Mama that fell flat. And as predicted, Shane (Y'all is a idiot, Y'all) Sparks saw fit to talk about how "confused" (read: uncomfortable) he was by the in your face gay group, saying he didn't know what to make of them. He expressed no such confusion or reservations about the denim and cowboy hat wearing dance crew Southern Movement. Apparently, country western dancers aren't a threat to the masculinity of the tiny and illiterate Mr. Sparks.

No comments: