Sunday, August 02, 2009

I'm Just Sayin' ...

"The sailor accused of murdering a fellow seaman who was on guard duty at Camp Pendleton committed suicide in the base brig, Navy officials said today.

Jonathan Campos, 32, of Lancaster was found unresponsive in his cell about 12:20 p.m. and rushed to the base hospital. Campos, a petty officer 2nd class, had apparently asphyxiated himself with toilet paper, officials said.

He had been on suicide watch in the brig ..."


I don't think they are actually supposed to WATCH the SUICIDE ...

"After a four-year hiatus, VH1 will bring back the legendary live concert event VH1 Divas by featuring some of pop music’s most talented female artists – Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and Miley Cyrus. The VH1 Divas concert will be televised live on VH1 ..."

Who, Who, and WHO? This may be a concert, it may be on VH1, but DIVAS? Don't think so ...



"Star Trek cologne. Called Red Shirt, it carries the tagline “Because tomorrow may never come...”

This is brilliant! And I hear after you put some on, all that is left of you is some charred shiny boots ...

With all the news articles lately about the dangers of driving while texting, here in NYC it's become almost as dangerous, if not maddeningly horribly annoying, to try and not get run over, bumped into or otherwise inconvenienced by people walking down the street or stepping off a curb while engrossed in their Twitter feed. I have had people walk directly in to me, stop dead in doorways and walk right in front of my bicycle, only to look up at the last second and move ever so slightly while quickly looking back down at the screen. Twice this last two weeks I got behind someone riding their own bike, no hands, while texting on a phone and meandering down the street. I don't care if you people are too stupid to watch where you're going, and as far as I'm concerned this is just Darwin's theory at work, but I'll be damned if I let your dumb-fuckkery take me with you!

No comments: