Monday, March 17, 2008

Behind The Picture


I was surprisingly nervous, but less so when it became increasingly obvious that it would be a one-shot, get the picture, move on sort of deal. There would be no time for talking and I wouldn't even have the chance to use my own camera. Fortunately, the husband of our Events Manager was kind enough to stand and take pictures for everyone that worked in the office. They sent out e-mails to everyone with the pix attached. By the end of the weekend, everyone had replaced their Facebook main pictures with snapshots posing with The President.

I have such a goofy grin on my face. All I managed to do was extend my hand and say:

"How do you do, sir?"

"How are you doing?"

"Fine, sir. It's nice to meet you."

And that's about when the picture was snapped.

"Thank you very much sir."

I called hin "Sir" three times.

And then I got out of the way.

I was a little disappointed at first when I saw the digital proof and realized I was in profile, but after seeing everyone's facebook pictures where it's one fake pose after another, I'm kind of happy I got a more "natural" shot. Almost looks like he's about to tell me a joke or give me a toungue-kiss, doesn't it?

Still, it's kind of cool when I think about the fact that, as far as I know, no one in my immedate family has a picture of them with one of our Presidents. I'm going to make my parents a nice 8X10 shot. Hopefully, they'll think it's pretty neat too.

No comments: