Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Case Dismissed!

One of the little side "gifts" left from my little gang bang courtesy of the NYPD, NYFD, Buildings Dept. and State Liquor Authority was a summons and court appearance to answer for a single fruit fly found in a bottle of whiskey. Absolutely not the worst thing you'll find flying or scurrying about most NYC bars and restaurants but a violation nonetheless. My desk appearance was for early April, at which time I would spend most of a morning sitting in a courtroom waiting to be called, plead guilty and fined. Of course, I would be passing the cost of the fine along to my Evil Overlords. I also planned on reaching out to the one or two connections I made over the years to see if I could get a little help, a few tips to make it painless as possible. For me.

So I was quite surprised to get a letter delivered to my home last week from the NYC Court about my case. Apparently, the complaining officer that wrote the summons neglected to follow up and file the needed paperwork that would take the case into the system. So the court was writing to inform me that my case was dismissed, and I didn't need to do a thing. Or appear in court.

Sweet! I'm good at not responding!

Rumor has it one of my one or two connections made someone "forget" to file the paperwork on my behalf. It's good to have peeps.

No comments: