Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Review This ...

Sorry. I won't be posting one of those year in review missives all the cool kids are putting up for the new year. Um, if you want to know what happened to me this year there's this wacky business off to the right called the "archives". It's where you'll find an "archive" of the last year. Actually the last four years. So you see posting a review of a year that you can review anytime you like seems ... well, stupid.

What I will tell you about is a couple of projects I've started for the new year. Coincidentally, one is an additional archive of blog posts grouped by categories. I'm going all the way back to the beginning and categorizing almost every single post. It's tedious and time consuming, but when I'm done I'll be adding the category list to the sidebar. That way anybody that comes by for information about HIV, how much I Hate PETA, addiction and recovery or most likely hot gay sex, can see all the posts on any subject grouped together. I've already finished the first year, so look for it in a couple of weeks I'm guessing.

The other project I'm working on, and most definitely not to be mistaken for a resolution, is called project "Lose 13 pounds of Ben & Jerry's fat". Now that I'm coming up on almost a year of sobriety my habit of indulging all my other whims seems ... well, indulgent. I decided a bit of weight gain was a pretty fair trade to regain my life and my (dubious) sanity. But I haven't weighed this much since I graduated from high school and I've decided to get a grip on being able to pinch several inches. I've almost porked out of my 32 inch pants. And I refuse to go up a waist size. And my cholesterol count has shot up in proportion to my expanding ass.

So 13 lbs. in 6 weeks it is and I plan on being a slightly saggy but much trimmer 150lbs. of middle aged man-meat by my birthday on Feb 19. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: