Thursday, January 03, 2008

No Time

Day off today and so much to do. I'm a pretty active guy and yet things pile up. To wit:

Go to gym. I've been twice this week already but I need a good long sweaty workout with some weights. Or a Peurto Rican hustler.

Go to Gay-A. I'm way overdue for a meeting. Haven't been since before the holidays. And while that hasn't been a temptation work was very stressful in December and I had many many dreams where I got drunk or drank. Which doesn't translate literally that I want a drink but it does mean there are problems I'm not addressing.

Buy groceries and dog food. Pretty basic but me and mine gotta eat.

Pack up Christmas tree and decorations. The nice thing about this is I cleaned out the storage closet that it all needs to go into before Christmas so all I need to do is put it all away.

Make new menus for restaurant. It's a long story. I could delegate this but I want it done right, right now, and cheaply. So I'll do it myself.

Cut and color hair. My basic upkeep these days involves getting a cut when I wake up in the morning and have bad bed-head. I prefer to be able to shower and dry and go with a minimum of fuss. As soon as I get the signs I get it cut, and usually cover up my mousy brown/gray right after. Maintenance, I'm all about the maintenance.

LUNCH! I love lunch and today seems like a great day for a hot stew or jambalaya. YUM! (Can you tell I'm hungry now?)

Sweep and mop floors. I wish I could figure out why the apartment gets so dirty so fast. Granted, two people two dogs but still, the dust and dirt build up and a good cleaning seems like it needs to be a weekly occurrence. I wish I could afford a maid. I never thought I would want one but I'm totally up for it now.

I'm sure there's more but that's pretty much the working agenda for today. Of course, it's also freakin freezing today so going outside involves multiple layers and I broke out the thermal undies. Jet's walk this morning was strictly for a poop and pee. Too cold for anything fancy.

Right, then ...

No comments: