Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Time Management (part 2)

2:30 pm: I slept until almost 1:00 this afternoon. I always say if it happens I must have needed it but I am so. far. behind.

4 pm: I stopped at Cohen's Fashion Optical as I'm out of contact lenses. I mentioned before how they constantly try to rip you off there. It is one of the most dishonest businesses I have ever dealt with. True to form they tried to overcharge me by 50.00 for new lenses. When I questioned the cost the sales guy tried to tell me "the manufacturer raised the price". From 99 dollars to 150? Don't think so, bub. And what about the lifetime insurance price I supposedly paid for? That's when the sales girl called out from another room that 99 dollars "was a special they were running". To which I replied that if it was a special I would certainly remember and not ask again. At which point the sales girl looked at my account packet and wonder of wonders, I paid for insurance and the price would be 100.00. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The people running Cohen's Fashion Optical on 23rd St. are out and out thieves. I'm about to have breakfast and Oprah's starting.

7:30 pm: Just finished the laundry. I noticed something. For a big ol' homo, I'm awful fond of the flannel. They raised the price on all the machines and the detergent and fabric softener by a quarter. Plus, they lopped a minute off the time a quarter buys you for a dryer. It now costs me $7.75 to do my laundry. Just more examples of The Man tryin' to keep me down. Still, there's something quite satisfying about a big pile of clean panties waiting to be put away.

1:50 am: Just uploaded. The Christmas tree has predictably become a work in progress. One more thing for me to piss away some money on. Last week I added a string of colored lights. I thought the white was too plain. This afternoon I stopped in to Housing Works. Still looking for a cute coffee table. What I found instead was a little Christmas Wonderland. $17 dollars later, I did a little bit to support an HIV/AIDS charity and got some cute ornaments and knick-knacks. And the birds. There was a whole basket full of white birds. I only bought three. 'Cause I'm gay like that.



Plus ..

You know it's a Homo Christmas when ...

And no, I didn't buy that today. I already had it before I got the tree. I know. Pretty gay.

No comments: