Monday, December 11, 2006

No Comics For Sale This Week

I'm having time management issues. The laundry went undone on both of my days off. I planned on doing it on Monday, but I've already had to push it back to Tuesday. I'm also having a lot of trouble getting to the gym. I used to beat myself up about this very thing every year until I finally noticed a pattern. And now I shake my fist at the sky and curse that dang-blasted Daylight Savings Time. Seriously. It fucks up my whole world. If I have a day off and it gets so dark so early, I'm pretty much convinced my day is over around 8 pm. There's no way I would go to the gym at 9 or later. Despite the fact that you would frequently find me working out at 10:30 or later in the summer.

And even though the sun is out during the day, it's in the wrong place. So instead of warming you and making you feel good , it shines in your eyes and irritates you and highlights your hangover and makes you swear at your dog. And all I want to eat at every meal is soup. Although this morning before work I simultaneously made a ham and cheese omelet with an onion bagel for breakfast while I made pasta with green and yellow squash, meatballs, garlic, artichoke and green pepper for dinner.

On my day off on Friday I absolutely was convinced I had to get some drink coasters for the living room. I have no idea why. But mission accomplished.

I made the switch to Blogger Beta.

Oh my, I've gone all stream of consciousness here. It's probably from Daylight Savings Time. Damn you to hell. December 21 is the shortest day of the year, isn't it? So I'm in the home stretch.

Note to self: plane tickets for Christmas, baby sitter for the dog.

Git 'er done.

No comments: