Tuesday, December 19, 2006

People

In the city that you can hire people to do that for you, I met today with the man who will be walking my dog while I visit the family for Christmas. A practice I prefer to putting the little guy in a kennel. His name is Scott. I. Love. Him. He's in his 20's and kind of small with cute rings on his cute fingers and lots of tats. Including more than one on his neck. Jet concurs, and sat down for some affectionate petting from Daddy and the dog-walker.

I have another evening of prospective roommates to see tomorrow. That's it then. I already have some favorites. So what's the point of dragging it out? I briefly considered renting out both extra bedrooms, but I want to try to reserve a bit of my privacy. Besides, three people means three summer air conditioners, of which I was usually the odd man out. No. Never again. One of the first people to respond was a hot boy from Mexico City with the most distracting accent. I kept picturing him naked. Maybe I'll see if he wants to be my dog shampooer. Naked, of course. Or maybe I'll ask him for a month's rent, a month's security and a month of my eating his ass. Decisions, decisions.

UPDATE: I finished the interviews and sent out e-mails to four prospective tenants. Five if you count the South of the Boarder guy who's ass I want to eat. Unfortunately, the nice German lady with the fully grown 80 lb. dog didn't make the cut. I expect I'll have a new roommate by Thursday.

No comments: