Saturday, December 16, 2006

This N' That (part 2!)

As Jet rips the innards out of another toy. You know they make em to tear apart easy right? Bastards. Awww, there's white clumps of toy guts all over the living room.

I was up ridiculously early to do a little on the job ass kissing and show up for a non-mandatory meeting. That called for me to achieve that delicate alcohol/Ambien balance that would allow me to sleep before 2am but not over-sleep the 7am meeting. Mission accomplished but I sacked out for a couple hours after returning home, walking the boy and fixing breakfast. Fun fact: I wake up with no appetite. Nothing sounds good until I've been up for at least two hours. When pressed, I can get up and throw down some java and do the meeting and then eat. Saves a bit of time considering how pokey I am getting out of the house.

Finalized a pet-walking service that will come by Christmas day and walk the boy a few times. So I'll be working all day on the 24th and then flying out to Buffalo Christmas Eve. At least I'll be there. Christmas and Thanksgiving. Unreal.

I had a lot of responses to my apartment share. Including a delightful offer to time share. I'll be in touch about that, Missy. I met a few today and more tomorrow. I've learned over the years not to let it take over my day or my week. And I'm more irascible now. (I said No, Paloma!) You want the apartment you step to my schedule. You'd be amazed how pushy some people can be. One of the responders (a WOMAN! EEK!) I like via e-mail unfortunately comes with a cat (DOUBLE EEK! I used to be allergic as a kid) and a black lab pup. I don't think I'm ready for an instant menagerie but her e-mail persona is so nice I'm giving her a shot. But setting up appointments and meeting strangers (not for sex) all day was exhausting.

Quick and totally easy recipe:

Heat some Trader Joe's Portuguese Sausage and White Bean Soup.
Cook some pasta. Any kind but large shells work best.
Combine.
Pepper liberally. Stir.
Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
Serve.
Green peas are optional but work.

You can also change the soup to lentil.
Add spinach instead of peas.
Add butter to the Parmesan sprinkle.
Delicious.

Did you see Top Chef this week? Such drama! You know Mia's been saving that "come from nuthin'" speech since day one don't you? She gave it almost verbatim twice.

Is it just me? Or does Paula Deen's boys creep you out too? What is it?

Man runs over, eats seven legged Trans-gendered deer. (S)he reportedly hosted a Wisconsin gay party as Rudolpha. Like I could make that up!

This is so not hilarious. It is sick and wrong. And totally not funny. NOT. -via WOW report.

No comments: