Thursday, September 07, 2006

There's Not Enough Time

I intended to watch the new season of Nip/Tuck. Nothing will bring me on board faster than gratuitous male nudity. For some reason I thought today was the 5th. So I set about setting the VCR (remember them?) and getting dinner ordered in time to simultaneously watch Project Runway. It was only then I discovered that today was the 6th. And I'd missed Nip/Tuck. I've been talking about TV a lot, but compared to most people I know, I don't watch that much. I've avoided a lot of the reality shows. I missed the first 3 seasons of American Idol. And even though I followed along most of this year, I didn't really care if Taylor or the girl won. Big no on Big Brother. Ditto Survivor, although I followed the first season. And remind me to weigh in on the whole latest Survivor/race issue. If you haven't guessed, I don't see anything wrong with it. Hell's Kitchen? Not so much, too close to my real life. I love The Real World concept, but I haven't been emotionally invested since San Francisco. I absolutely hated the Key West cast. Both the alcoholic anorexic and the guy who ended every sentence with "dude" need to be severely beaten.

I loved Top Chef. Hell's Kitchen and good food sans yelling. I got sucked in to So You Think You Can Dance. I skipped the 1st Dancing With The Stars, totally got in to the 2nd. And I love the cast for the 3rd. I'll be watching. And they've already announced the airdates for Top Chef 2. Where Little People Big World fits in this spectrum I don't know. So it seems I have no time in the TV portion of my brain for Celebrity Duets. And I honestly only care how Jai Rodriguez is doing anyway, as I keep skittering between he's pretty hot to he's an annoying bottom I want to make cry and then fuck.

And before you suggest Tivo, please don't. From what I know about Tivo, and how it goes out and finds shows it thinks you might like, I couldn't take the pressure. I can barely keep my E-mail inbox cleaned out.

Oh, speaking of E-mail! I got this in mine this morning:

Hi There,

I thought your users may be interested in this issue we are trying to bring to light.

Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) is facing serious backlash for their gay sheep experiments in which the goal is to identify a biological basis for homosexuality in sheep in an effort to cure homosexuality in humans. OHSU experimenters are killing scores of sheep in an attempt to find the hormonal mechanisms behind homosexual tendencies, so that they can subsequently be changed.

Please let me know if you have any questions, etc. and thank you for your consideration of this feature.

Best,
Jennifer



I omitted the link to feature as it turns out, this is a PETA sponsored mass mailing, that seems to be keyed to "gay blog". I'm outraged. Here is my e-mail response:

Hi There,

I thought I'd let you know I loath PETA and refuse to support anything on their agenda. I consider most of it's members to be laughably weak-minded half-wits, and the rest to be dangerous social terrorists. Please don't contact me again. Ever!

Best,
Tom

No comments: