Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm Getting Lazy

The alarm went off this morning. The bedroom was dark, the air was that elusive perfect temperature. Not hot at all and just slightly cool. I didn't hesitate to turn it off and roll over. Waking for the day at the crack of noon. I was certainly refreshed.

I've been slowly weaning myself down on the coffee. It started last year when I noticed that the most anxiety ridden portion of my day was after I had tweaked out on four or five cups of coffee every afternoon. Of course, during my heavy alcohol and drug years, an entire pot was a daily occurrence. So I began stopping after three. Then two. Today I made the coffee and stopped after realizing I was wide awake after a single cup. I gave myself permission to have another cup later in the day if I started to drag or developed a non-caffeine headache but I never did. So tomorrow I may have a single cup, black no sugar, or I may just skip it. I have no plans to never have any, a nice cup of coffee while reading the NY Post is every New Yorker's right, but my "morning" routine still takes well over an hour. It would be nice to speed that up a little.

Answered a few on-line job listings. I also have an interview next week for a retail job. Haven't done retail in years and years. But I honestly want a bartending job I think. I definitely have no desire to be in charge of a restaurant. I just want to punch in and out and be left alone. And bartending at the right place would mean I wouldn't need to work full time to make enough to live on. Plus, I could enroll in some on-line courses and maybe go to college. That's right, I'm thinking of going back to school. But I obviously can't take any morning classes.

No comments: