Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Company's Coming!

In the midst of the weekend's somber tone, I got some most welcome news. My brother and his wife surprised me with an E-mail that they were coming for a visit. They arrive tomorrow. I don't discuss my family all that much. We're not at all estranged, and I do in fact like them all, but we aren't by any definition of the word close. I take some of the blame for that, but family relations are a two way street. Still, I have been missing my family of late, and I did talk about planning a trip home very soon. It's why I took the time to renew my ID.

And I think I've finally learned my lesson as to how to handle visits from my brother. I've found a couple of tourist type ideas that may or may not interest them. I found a couple of restaurants that sound like fun I've been meaning to try. Food is the great common ground in my family. And that's it. No major plans and I'm not going to sweat it. They may have something they want to try. Maybe not. I will be available and open to whatever they want to do or see. I'll enjoy the company, and the chance to talk and hang out. No expectations equal no disappointments.

No comments: