Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Late To The Party


Reporting from a week ago, but what the hell, I got pictures. Went to the closing party of High/Life/Low Life that began at The Slide but moved and then petered out suddenly at 6's and 8's in the lower East Side. I'd never even been to that club before and wandered about aimlessly trying to find it. Certainly, the sight of drag diva Sweetie standing out on the darkened corner served as a signpost I had found the right place.




The crowd was mixed and aimless. They weren't dancing so much as milling about. A show was promised and in the meantime, Mr. Nardicio and company hired an ice cream truck on the street corner. The only time serving it up soft is acceptable. I occupied my time stalking him for a while. He was the featured dancer in what I presume was the Low Life portion of the evening, although it was decidedly tame, he looked cute. The show finally began and while some of the performances were an acquired taste...




others turned it out. Not the least of which was drag star ShaBoomBoom*, featuring some Jody Whatley fierceness that brought the crowd to their feet.


Other "highlites" of the High Life included an underwhelming "performance" from the World Famous "BOB". It consisted of flashing titties to classical music. While the entertainment value is dubious, it makes good pictures.


Sweetie closed out the show with a hell of a number. Unfortunately, over a week has gone by and I've forgotten what it was.



What I heven't forgotten is that after that drag-a-palooza I had a hankering for some man and trundled on over to East Village mainstay The Cock.While the crowd itself bored me, the entertainment was decidedly more pleasing.


Say what you want about the bod but there's no denying, mmmm-mmmm I likes that face.

No comments: