Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Job Interview

My job interview went great! I don't want to give too many details for fear of jinxing it, but sometimes my empathic skills when used as an advantage are a wonder to employ. I felt a very strong connection to the club owner and I think he really liked me. I would be using my skills as a manager as well as pulling tricks from my theatrical bag that I haven't had to use in far too long. Cross your fingers, kids. This could be the change I've needed.

On a related note, as I've been actively searching for work I'm finding something new. Many employers, at least in the public service sector, have no qualms about asking you to submit a picture with your resume. This is new. Time was, you got someone's resume and called them in cold. If they walked in dragging their hairy knuckles on the ground (And that was the women) you just made the obligatory interview short and moved on with only a barely visible shudder. Now they ask for pictures. I'm assuming to make sure you're 30 not 80 and male and not trans-ing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Trouble is, while I take hundreds of photos a year almost none of them are me. And the ones with me in them I'm usually holding a martini in one hand and my cock in the other. A conversation starter, sure. But not really apropos of a job search. So last night after dicovering my camera battery needed a re-charge and again this morning I snapped a few off of myself so I would at least have some photos to post with my resume. I hate them. Well, hate is the wrong term. I just don't think I photograph too well. But trust me, I look positively dreamy on video. At any rate. I used a variation of this one. I think it looks about like me as I'm likely to get. Good or bad there I am.



On a completely unrelated note, I'm afraid I'm having some unexpected side-effects to my new meds. I wake up every day lately feeling horribly horribly depressed. Borderline suicidal except I don't believe in suicide. But it's that extreme. I don't see the point in anything, I can't muster the courage or the will to go on and I don't see the point in trying. My life feels like an abyss that I'm about to fall in to and disappear and no one will care. I have honestly asked myself out loud the last few days:
"Has it finally happened? Have I gone totally crazy?"

Then, about an hour or two after I take my dose and have some lunch, a lunch I have to struggle to complete or find the energy to go get, everything lifts and the brain storm that was raging passes. I feel relief and peace and a total clarity. There's nothing I can't accomplish. It wasn't until today that I backtracked when this started and realized the new factor in the equation is the meds. If it's temporary that's fine I'll get through it but christ! It's a rough way to start the morning every day.

No comments: