Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Don't You Know

Don’t you know things can change
Things’ll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things’ll go your way ...

A lot of people have posted musings as to how life doesn't come with a re-set button. They claim you need to accept what has been dealt to you and move forward from there. I think that's bullshit. I have never believed in accepting what is and rolling over. I get knocked down. I get up swinging. I get knocked back. I dig in and plod forward. One. Day. At a Time.

Granted, part of what snapped me out of my depression was the new job. Yes, it came together and today I met with the owners of the club that wanted to hire me. We agreed to terms and I quit my current tormenters. The next two weeks I'll be working almost every day while I finish up my old duties and learn my new responsibilities. This is good. For all those who have advised me to embrace distraction, I am ready for a new challenge. I would be un-truthful if I claimed that all is well. Things just suck a little bit less than they sucked before.

I have more to say....

but for now, starting on Thursday, I'll be running the show as I make a SLIDE down to the Bowery. Hopefully soon, I'll have my name on The Marquee. I have much to learn about my new home. Most importantly, I'll have a legion of new people in my life that I can't wait to meet. Play the audio post. This should be good ....

No comments: