Monday, May 09, 2005

Gah.

Hey remember when I complained I was busy? Between my brief but boozy appearance at the Blogger Invasion through my day running a box office that by all rights I shouldn't know how to do to the Mother's Day madness of this morning where we ran 3, count 'em 3, sold out brunch and shows with the Harlem Gospel Choir, I figure the light from busy won't reach me for about 30 years.

  • I was told that this year's Blogapalooza wasn't on a par with last year. Considering I actually spoke with five people, however briefly and drunkenly, I would say on a social ineptitude level, I was much better than last year, when I spoke to no one. I was sorry I didn't manage to stumble across him. He was as nice as I figured he would be. He mentioned waiting for his boyfriend like 50 times. O.K. , 5 times. Lucky boyfriend. I spotted him but didn't say hello. He was brassy and boozy and seemed to be having a ball. He snapped a pic I hope he posts, considering I realized that as exhibitionistic as I can be about details of my life, there are almost no good pictures of me. On second thought, I hope he posts it if I look good. I don't think I embarrassed myself, but between being exhausted and nervous about being out with people, I ended up good and liquored up in the rain in Hell's Kitchen. I finally managed to catch a cab, get myself to bed and be up and at work by 10 am. Where I promptly saved the day and managed to put in a 12 hour shift. Maybe I'll tell you about it tomorrow. She's positively knackered.

No comments: