Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Alzheimers. It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore.

So I talked about attending the Blogger Invasion this weekend. I expressed how I wouldn't be available to make the premier soiree at Bayrage on Friday night. I had to work. I pathetically pleaded to be included in other weekend plans on Saturday or Sunday. I even left a message with the gracious organizers of the event, hoping to get some details of other events. He was nice enough to send me information about a BBQ planned for Saturday during the day. It was a lovely gesture. And totally pointless.

How I got it in to my head I'll never know. But it wasn't until my usual walk to the subway station this afternoon that it struck me. I'm not in fact working on Friday. I merely have to be at a weekly meeting at 4. So happily, I will in fact be attending. I vow to not repeat last year's cameo appearance where I sipped a soda off to the side and quietly slinked away without talking to anyone. I can't decide if I'll go as a horny top or as an aggressive hung bottom. See you there?

No comments: