Saturday, May 14, 2005

Blogger Sucks Now

Am I the only one that's now officially fed up with how shitty Blogger has become ever since Google bought it? I worked my ass off late last night on an intensly personal and hopefully engaging post. I wrote and re-wrote sentences, paragraphs and edited words to evoke just the right feeling. I poured my heart in to the work. Until I tried to publish and it disappeared. The "recover post" function that has never worked right from day one managed to find me about 1/4 of the original work. I may try, but I doubt I'll ever manage to re-create the work to my satisfaction.

Hell, even when I composed an immediate and venom-fueled post that was a variation on this one but full of more cursing, and tried to publish that missive about how much Blogger just absolutely sucks now, I got an error message for that attempt as well. I guess the lesson is to compose my posts in another, more reliable program and then copy it to Blogger. Adding an extra step back in that Blogger was supposed to eliminate. Let's all Google up "useless piece of crap" and see what we come up with. Although I suspect we'll get The President.

In any case, today is the last day before the NYC AIDS walk. I am still shy of my target goal. I spent today picking up supplies for a party I'm hosting after the walk. All the team members and friends are invited. People from work are invited provided they sponsor a walker. I'm enticing them with the catnip of all restaurant employees. Food and liquor. We haven't had a party in the castle high atop Second Avenue in years and years. This should be interesting. If you've been thinking about it, please won't you please make a donation today. Hey, if it helps at all I'd be willing to trade naughty pics of your choosing for donations. Just e-mail me that you've donated, and what parts of my naughty bits you'd like to see. I'll gladly exploit myself for a good cause!

No comments: