Thursday, October 07, 2004

Oh Me Of Little Faith

Went for an early evening workout with The Hellcat. He's currently running a gym scam, scoring a free week at various branches. We figured out a hole in their "firewall" and have exploited the weakness in their system to score four free weeks and counting. Of course, usually he perpetrates the scam, goes once, and then skips the rest of the free week fighting with his on-again boyfriend or some other colossal waste of time. Does it really count as a scam if you reap no tangible benefit from it? In any case this branch was on 14th near 6th and out of all the branches we have visited this one was GAY GAY GAY! Stopped at the supermarket for some supplies, came home and popped some chicken titties in the oven.

The Ex informed me that I had two messages marked Urgent waiting on the landline. (Knowing full well he listened to them.) As you may have already guessed, they were from people wanting to interview me for work. Include the interview I already arranged for tomorrow and I have three set up at various times. And three more resumes going out for likely positions. In case you're wondering, I am focusing in the restaurant/bar business. After a couple of weeks of looking at jobs available, I've reached the conclusion that on paper at least, I'm not too qualified for other work. I'm not saying I can't do anything else, I'm saying it's awfully difficult getting hired for something you've technically never done before, even if you're confident you can do it. "They" seem to like some sort of documentation that you've completed a course or received a degree. The Man, always tryin' ta keep you down. So fine, it's back behind a bar, or running a bar or restaurant. This time, though, I intend to limit the time I spend at work, and use my free time more wisely. A real estate license is a distinct possibility. I will be investigating further some on-line courses. And I need some certifications in a few computer skills. Yes, it's time for the old lady to hit the books. For now, I need to get my teeth brushed, my jammies on and curl up in the bed (before 1:00!). My first interview is at 10 am. Cross yer toes!

No comments: