Tuesday, February 02, 2010

J'Adore Johnny Weir


Johnny Weir has run a-fowl (get it?) of the wing-nuts at Friends of Animals, all because he wore a skating costume trimmed with fox fur. Rather than bowing down to the crazies, our Ms. Weir leapt to the defense of his costume designer, boldly offering to take the heat all by himself. He also issued this statement:

"I totally get the dirtiness of the fur industry and how terrible it is to animals. But it's not something that's the No. 1 priority in my life," Weir added. He also notes the thousands of people dying in Haiti and said he prefers to focus his energy on causes related to humans. "While that may be callous and bad of me, it's my choice."

As I have always said, if the cure for HIV has to come by crawling over the dead carcasses of a thousand bunnies, I will personally start to strangle Mr. Floppytail with my own two hands.

Strike That (UPDATE): Not that I blame him, but he caved.

No comments: