Thursday, February 05, 2009

Gross!

I was taking Riley for his morning walk and making my rounds of the neighborhood (Dunkin Donuts coffee, NY Post, bank) when we cut through Stuyvesant Park for the second time. Riley stopped to gobble something, not an unusual occurrence since he scavenges all the time (and this includes pizza crusts, broccoli, twigs and branches, popsicle sticks). Only this time when I looked down I noticed a tail sticking out of the corner of his mouth. He had happened upon a frozen dead mouse and proceeded to gulp it down whole like a damn reptile. I tried to open his mouth and remove the mouse-sicle but he was having none of it. Since I had already fed him his morning meal, all I could do was offer him an appropriate wine to accompany his afternoon amuse-bouche.

No comments: