Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm Not Ignoring You, You Simply Don't Interest Me



I'm kidding. I love all my tens of readers. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my posting between work and enjoying my summer. But I soldier on. I'm going to try and put some posts "in the bank" as it were. I seem to have more time to write on the weekends, when nobody is reading. Out of synch with the world. A place I know too well. So things my seem a little disjointed and I may be telling you this week about things that happened last week. I hope it still has some interest. I'm being pulled in a lot of directions.

I went back to the beach on Thursday in an effort to escape the stifling city heat. While the trip out to Homo Island is involved (train/van/ferry), if you time it right, it really isn't as long as I always remember it to be. Maybe I've grown more patient. Still, I left the city by train at 11:30 and was at the beach house by 2. I was on the beach at 2:15. Plenty of time to soak up the late afternoon sun and increase my risk of skin cancer. Fortunately, my Sicilian skin browns up quite nicely. The Northeast sun rarely burns me. The guesthouse is really quite lovely, and I did manage to snap a couple of pix to show you:





You'd never know it unless I told you, but last summer this same house was the home base and sometimes set of this piece of cinematic magic. I experienced no such activities. At least indoors.

I had to leave on Friday. Even though I had the day off, I had to return to the city for a weekly manager meeting. Which I have tried to explain is not really a day off at all. And while the trip home was equally smooth and efficient, I say again, if I have to leave the beach and travel 2 hrs. by ferry, van and train back to the city in order to attend a 1 1/2 hr. meeting, that's not a fucking day off! Not at all.

No comments: