Sunday, October 19, 2003

People suck, they truly do

While I'm watching Justice League on the Cartoon Network.

I woke up at 10 (am!) to meet someone at noon (more on that later). He was running late so I told him I would get some breakfast and meet later. I head downstairs and get to the locked (usually) street level door to the vestibule (it's too small to be a lobby). The door is propped open with a newspaper bundle upon further inspection I see that the doorknob has come off (again) and once whoever was the last to leave managed to get the door open, they placed the doorknob neatly off to the side and propped open the door. I briefly considered running back upstairs for a screwdriver to do the job myself but heck, I figured even the new "Super" could handle this job. So I headed out for breakfast and did a little shopping (not for anything specific, just shopping) and returned an hour later. Flash forward several hours and I leave again, why I don't know, although the weekends here have become decidedly unpleasant and I look for any excuse to leave (more on that later as well). By then, someone, I'm assuming the "Super" has done some sort of elaborate duct tape (I wish I was making this up) temporary repair. As I'm making my way back in to the building a thought pops into my head. My bike is stolen. I head to the area under the stairs where we stash all our bikes. I see the bikes and look for mine. No, no, no.......and no. My bike is gone. That sucks. I can't believe someone stole my bike. I quickly move directly to acceptance. It's just a posession. Just a thing. Now it's gone. Part of the reason I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on it was because I had a feeling it was going to be a temporary relationship so I haven't lost that much still.......

Let those who have done evil suffer evil upon them. I call upon the spirits of Karma and Justice to bring retribution upon thee. May the Luck Lords frown upon you. May you suffer that which you deserve.

That oughta be good for a bike induced broken leg at least.

In other news

I ended up arranging a trade via Craigslist. I was swapping my video camera which I don't use for a laptop which I have been salivating over. I exchanged many many e-mails with a man named Dimitry who seemed geniunely interested in arranging a trade. After weeks of emails (understandably, the people on Craigslist be nuts!) the trade was for today. It got postponed two hours but the swap happened. He rang my buzzer about 2pm on a Saturday afternoon and despite the fact that I already mentioned to my room mates that someone was coming over, the sound of the buzzer caused all kinds of comments and questions like a couple of Prarie Dogs signaling danger! Honestly, these last few weeks it's like a couple of old ladies moved in with me. They bicker about nonsense and make stupid comments about food and whatever TV show is on and how "that's not funny" and "that's no good" and they almost never leave hence, I've barricaded myself in my bedroom where I've hooked up the DSL line and the Digital TV line and my phone and I just stay in here and talk quietly on the phone until It's time for me to leave. Back to Dimitry, I wish I could veer into a sex story now as he was Russian and a dancer living in the East Village (!!!!!!!!!!!) but alas, he claimed to have a girlfriend. My days of tricking a "straight" guy into having sex ("dude, I was sooo drunk") are ovah. Anyhow everything went off great until I used the laptop at my local coffee shop on battery and instead of the hour and a half of battery life it claimed I would get I got about a half hour before the thing conked out. I'm trying to recharge the battery and see if it comes back to life. If not, I gave a 500 dollar camera to someone for a useless piece of shit. Funny, I didn't sense he was up to something. Hopefully, everything will be fine in the morning.

I went to CBGB's today to see the last installment of Homocorps.
I saw the Dead Betties, loud and kinda boring, Yoni (in his underware, I guess I'd fuck him but no talent at all) and Cazwell. Now that boy has got it goin on. By that I mean he's not perfect his music isn't all necessarily polished but he's obvioulsly soooo smart and extremely talented and everything he does has a little edge of humor to it. I first saw him at the Bowery Poetry Club doing just spoken word and now here and I totally love him.

Update: I left the laptop to recharge all night and got a little panicky when it didn't turn on but I fiddled with it a bit and finally disconnected the power source and hit the on/off and shazam! It's got life. Now I have to add an Ethernet connection on my PC and then a wireless adapter so I can use the laptop around the apartment. But really, it's all about being able to work at the bar outside the office and being able to do this blog outside anywhere but here. My castle high above Second Avenue has turned into a dungeon.

No comments: