Monday, April 12, 2010

Ouch

Just wrote a check for the tax man for $933. I guess I will focus on how fortunate I am to be able to write that check and not what I would rather be doing with it.

Sorry the video I posted over the weekend about NYC bike messengers got pulled. It was full of scruffy, scrappy, cute young men that spend their days defying gravity and dangerous NYC traffic.

My diet went a little off the rails, as I've been juggling three part time jobs and not getting nearly enough sleep. I'm determined to start getting to bed by 2 am at the latest and getting back on a regular exercise schedule. I still want to lose 10 more pounds.

I've also been neglecting getting in more than one AA meeting a week. I can totally feel a lot of misplaced aggression and more than a few obsessive behaviors creeping in. I'm not worried about drinking, but it's not enough to be not drinking. I need to maintain sober thoughts and a mentally healthy life. That's what the meetings give me, and that's what I feel slipping away.

Time to get right-sized.

No comments: