Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rip-A Off! No Dirt To Dish

Friday afternoon found us hosting a private birthday party for Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos' seven year old daughter Lola. I'm not risking much for divulging this considering I'm following that up by saying they were about the nicest "celebrity parents" we have ever done a party for. Both Kelly and Mark were as unassuming as could be, no special demands, no star treatment (that is if you discount the fact that it took two assistants for them and one events manager for us to organize the festivities). Understandable considering Kelly frequently has several jobs to juggle and Mark has, err Lifetime, Television for Women. I keed! I keed!

They are, unsurprisingly (at this point), relatively tiny people. As I have found most people on television to be surprisingly small in real life. However I am thrilled to report they do not have the disturbingly over sized head I have noticed in some TV celebrities. Are you listening, Rachel Ray? And as befitting your normal, well-dressed, unfairly good-looking New York parents, their children were uniformly well-spoken, bright and genetically enhanced with attractive DNA.

In short, Kelly Ripa and her brood are nice. The party was great, and little Lola and her guests had a swell time. Sorry, Page Six.

No comments: