Friday, June 06, 2008

Holy Matrimony!

Not many people in the world can say this anymore, but my mom and dad are "celebrating" their 55th wedding anniversary today. I put celebrating in quotes only because I'm not picturing a candel-lit dinner in a romantic spot. More likely the early bird special at Denny's. And I'm sure they'll bicker all the way through the meal. Not sure if they are in "love" so much as used to each other by now. Comfortable. Like a ratty sweatshirt you can't bear to part with. Best to dance with the devil you know, as I'm fond of saying.

Also, not that I'm complaining but there's an extra $820.00 in my checking account. And I don't know where it came from or why. I'd love to close out a credit card with the money but I'm afraid someone will figure out it's not mine and take it back.

No comments: